Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Saturday in Sonoma

Sissies-

Matthew and I kicked off our official "get out of SF every weekend in the summer-a-thon"! I know it is hard for everyone to belief, but YES San Francisco is FREEZING in the summer! We figured out quickly that the remedy to this terrible "summer" is a quick trip over the bridge where you can find sunshine and warmer weather.

Our favorite afternoon trip is a 40 minute drive to Sonoma. We love to stop off at one of the first wineries on the way into town, Viansa.You can buy lunch at their deli/grille, park your booty on their lawn, and then wash down your meal with some great wine (you can opt for a tasting OR just buy a bottle)! After you finish up with your lunch, you can head over to their bocci court or just soaking in the sun and the views.


After Viansa, I love to head up the road to Gloria Ferrer where I always get a glass of their Brut Rose. They have a great patio with stunning views of the vineyards.

The sign of a successful afternoon? Purple teeth!

We finished up this trip with a stop off at an outdoor mall on the way home. I mean, can you think of a better way to spend a Saturday!??!

CHEERS! Love from the bay!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I like the tips - I never know where to go once I'm up there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...