Our little brother Robbie came to visit last weekend and after eating BBQ at Fette Sau and catching Pearl and the Beard's album release party at The Knitting Factory, we slept in late on Saturday morning and made pancakes together. I mixed the batter up and Robbie did the flipping! Pancakes are my go-to Saturday morning indulgence, and below is my go-to recipe for said indulgence.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flower (I usually do 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups of milk (you can make that 1 1/2 cups of milk if you want the pancakes to be thinner)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk all dry ingredients together (flower, baking powder, salt, and sugar) in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients (milk, egg, and butter).
- Mix until smooth.
- Heat and lightly butter a frying pan or griddle.
* Robbie took one end of the butter stick straight to the frying pan, Paula Deen would have been so proud!
- Using approximately 1/4 cup, scoop the batter onto the frying pan and brown on both sides.
With love from the East Coast :)