I made banana cookies with brown sugar frosting the other week for my coworkers and they were a hit! They are pretty easy to make and a delicious twist to the more traditional banana bread or muffin. These would make a great dessert to bring to an Easter gathering :)
Here's how to make them....
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 1/2 bananas)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Frost cooled cookies
- Serve to those you love!
With love from the East Coast :)
P.S. This is my favorite banana muffin recipe from Cat Can Cook!