Thursday, June 16, 2011

1/2 Homemade Fruit Tart


Hi sisters,
Here are those yummy tarts I was telling you about on Tuesday. When my friends over at Parker, etc. and Lulu Grace Vintage told me about their trunk show, I volunteered to make some tasty treats for the occasion. And then the days got away from me (lots of work, Nathan's cousin from Hong Kong visiting, a weekend trip to Minneapolis, and then a visit by Nathan's siblings) and I found myself in the grocery store at 9pm on Friday trying to figure out what to make. When I saw the fresh blackberries and raspberries in the produce isle I remembered this quick, easy, and smart looking dessert my friend taught me how to make.

I promise, it's easy and looks way harder to make than it actually is :)


Graham Cracker Crust Fruit Tart
Ingredients
Topping
- 1 package of fresh blackberries
- 1 package of fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of apricot preserves

Filling
- One 8 ounce package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
*I said this was an easy and good looking dessert, not a healthy one

Crust
- Pre-made graham cracker crusts (for this I chose the smaller crusts)
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Step 1.
Melt the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
As the chips are melting, add in 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
Stir until chocolate is melted.
Using a spoon, drip the melted chocolate into the bottom of each individual graham cracker crust.
Spread the chocolate across the bottom of the crust and up onto the sides with the back of the spoon.
This should create a thin layer of chocolate coating on each crust.
Place the crusts in the freezer.

Step 2.
Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
Pour in the sugar and beat the cream cheese and sugar together.
Slowly mix in the cup of heavy cream until it is fluffy and smooth.
Pour the filling into each of the cups when the chocolate is fully hardened.

Step 3.
Arrange the blackberries and raspberries on top.
Place the 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and 1 tablespoon of water into a saucepan.
Heat the jam slowly, stirring frequently with a small whisk.
When the jam has thinned to a liquid, remove from stove.

Step 4.
Drizzle the thinned jam over the fruit on each tart.
Place finished tarts in the refrigerator to chill.

Step 5.
Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love fruit tarts! Now this is actually something I might make :)
    xoxo- megan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...