Saturday, August 27, 2011

Reckless Abandon

Girls,

You have to check out this blog from a fellow Jayhawk called Reckless Abandon .  I must admit I am not the most domestic lady you will find, but with my new lovely apartment and gorgeous kitchen staring at me daily I have decided that my new task is to teach myself to cook.  Slowly but surely I am adding tricks to my repertoire and I feel like Amy Adams character, from Julie and Julia.   

This blog is a great source of inspiration and resources for the type of food I like to cook.  With a positive attitude and the right resources I think I just might be able to do it.  This was my adventure Wednesday evening, another delight from Reckless Abandon with just a few of my own tweaks along the way.

Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Blistered Tomatoes






Ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

-2 Tbsp light Boursin cheese ( I substituted Light Laughing Cow)

-3 Tbsp thawed and drained frozen spinach

-1 Tbsp dried minced onion (If you prefer less spice, like myself nix the onion and go with an herb cheese)

-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

-salt and pepper to taste

-1/4 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved

-2 Tbsp olive oil, divided

-Assorted Vegetables (I used asparagus and home grown zucchini)

In a small bowl mix cheese, spinach and spices.  Slice chicken breasts to create a small pocket, carefully as to not pierce the other side.  Add 1.5 tbsp of spinach, cheese and spice mixture to pouch and use remaining top chicken. 


Side: Halve your tomatoes, slice asparagus and zucchini and put in a small bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put some foil on a baking sheet and place a single layer of vegetables. 

Place both chicken and vegetables in oven for 20 min (or until Chicken is thoroughly cooked) at 375 degrees.  May flip vegetables half way through if you desire.


I can not wait to go grocery shopping this weekend to whip up a little something great for next week!  I may have to try out these Skinny Dips I keep finding.

Much love!

Matty    








1 comment:

  1. Hey girls, thanks for the repost! I'm actually doing a cooking class tonight at my home in Denver with some fellow Jayhawk ladies and this is the recipe we are making!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...