Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quick and Delicious Dinner

Sisters,

Life has been very busy lately, all good stuff, but my goal of cooking more frequently has gone out the window.  Last night I couldn't stand the thought of another peanut butter sandwich or yet another night of sushi carryout, so I took myself to the grocery store.  Overwhelmed by the idea of having to come up with a menu and hating the idea of turning on the oven when its 90+ outside,  I ended up buying chicken sausage (for the grill), asparagus, 2 apples, 2 mangoes, blueberries and a carton of cottage cheese.  Thank goodness I went to the farmers market recently and had tomatoes and squash in my fridge, because I ended up with this dish.  So simple and so delicious!


Here is my "recipe":

1. Buy and unwrap your choice sausage.  I quickly picked a chicken sausage. I have tried aidells sausage before and actually prefer the portobello over the artichoke and garlic, but it did the trick.

2.  Clean and chop fresh vegetables and place them on tin foil.  Add a small amount of olive oil and salt.

3. Fold the tin foil (channel outdoor ed from 5th grade).  Place tin foil container and sausage on the grill.

Take it off the grill and enjoy!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...